The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) is hiring for x4537 Assistant Agricultural Practitioners Posts.
DEADLINE: 04 November 2022
SALARY: Salary Level 4 (R16 824.00) (Contract appointment for a period of three months)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: KWAZULU-NATAL: 750 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/621)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: WESTERN CAPE: 200 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/623)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: GAUTENG: 447 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/616)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: FREE STATE: 300 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/620)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: NORTHERN CAPE: 200 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/624)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: NORTH WEST: 250 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/617)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: NORTHERN CAPE: 200 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/624)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: LIMPOPO: 820 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/619)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: EASTERN CAPE: 820 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/622)
- PROVINCIAL OFFICE: MPUMALANGA: 750 POSITIONS (Reference: 3/2/1/2022/618)
THERE IS A POSSIBILITY FOR PLACEMENTS AT THE LOCAL OFFICES OF PROVINCIAL DEPARTMENTS OF AGRICULTURE (DISTRICT LEVEL), COMMODITY ORGANISATIONS AND PUBLIC ENTITIES
- Northern Cape: Ms T Oliphant, Tel: (053) 830 4056 or by email at Tshegohatso.Oliphant@dalrrd.gov.za
- Free State: Ms Z Mokoena, Tel: (015) 400 4200 / 083 578 9093 or by email at email@example.com;
- Eastern Cape: Mr M Ciko, Tel: (043) 701 8112 / 073 283 0011 or by email at Mcebisi.Ciko@dalrrd.gov.za;
- Gauteng: Ms V Nemalili, Tel: (012) 337 3656 or by email Vidah.Nemalili@dalrrd.gov.za;
- KwaZulu-Natal: Mr S Manqele, Tel: (033) 264 9516 or by email at Sibangani.Manqele@dalrrd.gov.za;
- North West: Mr K Sebitiele, Tel: (018) 388 7115 / 071 491 7724 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Western Cape: Mr M Mafana, Tel: (021) 409 0580 or by email at Mpumzi.Mafanya@dalrrd.gov.za;
- Mpumalanga: Mr A Mdala, Tel: (013) 754 8043 / 071 331 2743 or by email at email@example.com;
- Limpopo: Ms B Mogadingoane, Tel: 015 284 6305 or by email at Boitumelo.firstname.lastname@example.org
The minimum educational requirement for this position is a three-year Diploma in Agriculture (NQF level 6). SACNASP registration is preferred, but not required. Applicants who are not registered will be given an opportunity to apply for registration within 45 days of assuming the role. The requirements for this position are as follows: applicants must have knowledge of extension methodology, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), good reporting skills, a sound ability to give speeches or presentations, understanding of group dynamics, and the ability to converse professionally with clients and farmers. Furthermore, applicants must be willing to travel to farms or project sites within the areas where they will be placed.
To assist in rendering Agricultural Advisor will provide general agricultural advice to internal and external clients with the goal of sustainable development. This includes demonstrating farming methods and efficient utilization of resources, conducting farm visits, sourcing technical inputs, and providing information about financial assistance.
To assist in providing Agricultural Projects Technical Support Officer will provide technical support on all agricultural projects, food security initiatives and land development support programs. This will include planning and advice, facilitating of training and after care. They will also identify and mobilize interest groups to form entities or institutions. The Agricultural Projects Technical Support Officer will also organize meetings to identify training needs and facilitate capacity building and provide aftercare. They will also help to develop and implement business plans for the project, as well as establish and revive inactive projects if needed. They will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining home gardens.
When it comes to promoting a pluralistic approach and partnering with relevant agricultural stakeholders, one of the best things you can do is to assist in gathering and analyzing information. This way, you can help identify problem areas and prioritize them accordingly. For example, you can conduct extension surveys and hold planning meetings. Additionally, you can help facilitate the establishment of cooperatives, farmer’s associations, and other interest groups.
The administrative assistant is responsible for providing administrative and related functions, studying technological advances and best practices to enable him / her to perform the extension function according to the required standards. The assistant also keeps relevant databases up to date and compiles and submits monthly and quarterly reports. Additionally, the administrative assistant complies with the Public Service prescripts, departmental policies, procedures, technologies, and new developments to be able to render an efficient and effective extension services. Finally, the assistant is responsible for safe keeping of physical assets (where applicable).
Please submit your application before the closing date. late applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, we cannot acknowledge receipt of every application. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of the advertisement, please assume that your application was unsuccessful. Please note that during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium may be placed on filling posts, or the department may be affected by any process. The department has the right to restructure or reorganize posts at any time during the recruitment process and to re-advertise the post in the future if it deems necessary.
WHERE TO SUBMIT?
Applications can be posted to the addresses below or hand delivered at any one of the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development’s offices as indicated below.
For Gauteng applications, you can submit by post to: Private Bag X 09, Hatfield 0028 or Suncardia building, 6th floor, 524 Corner Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko Street, Arcadia, 0083.
For North West applications, you can submit by post to: Private Bag X 8, Mmabatho, 2735, Cnr James Moroka and Sekame Drive, West Gallery, Megacity, Mmabatho, 2735.
Submissions for theMpumalanga province can be sent by post to: Private Bag X11305, Mbombela, 1200 or delivered by hand to: 17 Van Rensburg Street, Bateleur Office Park, 7th floor Block E, Mbombela, 1200.
For submissions in Limpopo, please send them by post to: Private Bag X 9312, Polokwane, 007 or 61 Biccard Street, Polokwane 0700.
In the Free State province, submissions can be sent by post to: Private Bag X 20803, Bloemfontein 9300 or 136 Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein, 9300.
Finally, for submissions in KwaZulu-Natal, please send them by post to: Private Bag X 9132, Pietermaritzburg 3200 or 1st Floor 270 Jabu Ndlovu Street Pietermaritzburg 3200.
– P.O. Box 1375, East London, 5200
– 15 Coutts Street, Ocean Terrace, Block H, Quigney, East London, 5201
– Private Bag X 10, Mowbray, 7710
– 14 Long Street, 1st Floor, Cape Town, 8001
– P.O. Box 2458, Kimberley, 8300
– Cnr Knight and Stead Street, New Public Building, 6th Floor, Kimberley, 8300
We are looking for applicants who are available to work on a three-month contract ending on March 31, 2023. The decision to renew the contract will be up to the department, and there is no guarantee that the contract will be renewed. We encourage candidates to only apply within their own area, and we will not consider duplicate applications. We will give preference to youth, women, and persons with disabilities. Contracts of applicants who fail to apply for registration within the prescribed timeframe will be terminated.
The application must include only a completed and signed new Z83 form, obtainable from any public service department or on the DPSA’s website link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/, and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Only shortlisted candidates who submit certified copies of an Identity Document, Grade 12 certificate, the highest required qualifications, and proof of registration with the professional council or proof of application to register to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview will be further considered for the role. Failed to do so will result in automatic disqualification from the selection process. If you are submitting foreign qualifications, please remember to include an evaluation report issued by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).