Apply for x221 Road Workers job posts at the Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport in Mpumalanga Province.
- DEADLINE: 28 October 2022
- Post : Road Workers (221 X Posts) Level : 3
- Salary : R124 434 per annum
- Ref : (RW/MCC/315) Mbombela Cost Centre
- (M/EH/329) Malekutu
- (D/EN/342) Driekoppies
- (T/EN/352) Tonga
- (UCC/EH/365) Umjindi
- (E/NK/374) Emakhazeni
- (VK/NK/378) Victor Khanye
- (EM/NK/388) eMalahleni
- (MCC/NK/401) Moretele
- M/GS/406) Mkhondo
- (D/GS/411) Dipaleseng
- (PKS/GS/416) Pixley Ka-Seme
- (LCC/GS/438) Lekwa
- (CHO/BOH/453) Chochocho
- (MAL/BOH/467) Malamule
- (MASH/BOH/497) Mashishing
- (RW/S/516) Sabie
- (RW/GO/532) Godide
- 10 X Mbombela Cost Centre,
- 14 X Malekutu, 13 X Driekoppies,
- 10 X Tonga, 13 X Umjindi,
- 9 X Emakhazeni, 4 X Victor Khanye,
- 10 X eMalahleni, 13 X Moretele,
- 5 X Mkhondo, 5 X Dipaleseng,
- 5 X Pixley Ka-Seme, 16 X Lekwa,
- 15 X Chochocho,14 X Malamule,
- 30 X Mashishing, 19 X Sabie,
- 16 X Godide
The duties of a road maintenance worker include clearing bushes, rendering patch work, erecting road signs, cleaning drainage and removing rubbish on the road. They also need to be able to execute any activities that relate to road maintenance as and when required.
Grade 12 and above, with relevant experience in the field of occupational health and safety. The successful candidate will have excellent listening and communication skills, along with strong interpersonal relations.
How to apply?
Please be advised that applications for the position must be sent only through the post office and not by hand delivery. The application quoting the correct reference number should be addressed (attention) to Ms PN Mokhotla and posted to The Head of Department, Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport, Private Bag X11310, Mbombela, 1200.
Ms PN Mokhotla @ 013 766 6780; Mr PM Malaza @013 766 6624
NOTE: Please be sure to include the relevant reference number when applying, as well as the following:
- A fully completed and signed NEW Z83 form, which can be downloaded at www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/vacancies.asp
- A recent, comprehensive CV
- Contactable referees (be sure to include telephone numbers and email addresses)
Note: Applications received without the correct form or information will not be considered from January 1, 2021 onwards.
Applicants for this position are not required to submit copies of their qualifications or other relevant documents at the time of application, but must submit a completed Z83 form and a detailed curriculum vitae. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit certified copies of their documents, and all non-South African citizens must attach a copy of their proof of permanent residence in South Africa to their CV before the day of the interviews. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
All candidates who have been shortlisted for the SMS posts will be required to complete (1) a technical exercise; and (2) a generic managerial assessment.