The Sasol South Africa is hiring for x8 General Workers.
DEADLINE: 31st October 2022
Sasol South Africa
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain, supplying coal to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO), Sasolburg Operations (SO), and exporting coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal. The coal supplied to Secunda is mainly used as gasification feedstock, with some also used to generate electricity, while the coal supplied to Sasolburg is used to generate electricity and steam.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The general worker will be responsible for supporting the Directional Drilling team by providing effective Directional Drilling assistance and reliability. In addition, the worker will also be responsible for adhering to procedures and increasing the Directional Drilling sustainability.
In order to be eligible for this job, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed Grade 12/N3/NCV Level 4 or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s licence with a minimum code 08 classification
- Be able to obtain a Medical certificate of fitness
- Complete job-specific task/checklist accurately
- Conduct visual inspection of working environment to ensure safety standards are met and report any unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Apply job SOPs and COPs to ensure housekeeping standards are upheld
- Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team goals
- Perform hazard identification/task risk assessments
- Identify any abnormal conditions and report them
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines
Specific experience required
It is essential that applicants have at least twelve months of experience working as a general laborer.
Functional / Technical:
- Specialized knowledge and skills in safety procedures, safety awareness, and emergency preparedness
- SOP’s & COP’s (Standard Operating Procedures and Control of Work Permits)
- in-depth understanding of the Mine Health & Safety Act
- OSHA compliance (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Ability to interpret written instructions and work with complex documentation
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Self-mastery is all about taking responsibility for your own growth. This means being aware of your own strengths and weaknesses, reflecting on your past experiences, seeking feedback from others, and correcting your mistakes. By doing this, you will be able to develop yourself both personally and professionally.
Please note the following clauses:
Sasol Group/Sasol Mining will never require you to make any cash deposits or payments as part of the recruitment process. We are committed to Employment Equity and preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment to ensure that applicants are physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job. This assessment may include a range of tests, depending on the job requirements, such as strength, endurance, and/or range of motion tests.
Note: If you fail to provide Sasol with accurate information and valid documents, your application will be void.
Click here to apply for x8 General Workers at Sasol South Africa