TAP Logistics Trainee at the South African Breweries (SAB)
At our company, we dream big because it’s in our DNA. We want to brew the world’s most loved beers and create meaningful experiences because it inspires us. We are owners who are empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
The Talent Acceleration Program helps graduates to grow and develop their skills by providing training in functional and technical areas within the logistics department, such as warehouse management, inventory control, and distribution.
About the Program:
- A competitive program which is made up is made up of incremental fixed term contracts which accumulate to 24 months in duration.
- After two successful years of continuous growth and completion of the program, you will be able to apply for roles within the company and create a bright future with us!
- Unleashing potential by having 6 month rotational cycles in various teams within the same department helps employees to get cross functional work experience. This will help them learn new skills and knowledge that can be applied in their current roles.
- Robust evaluations determine progression into each phase of the program within the 24 months.
- The Program works on the 70-20-10 rule, where individuals learn 70% of their knowledge from challenging experiences and projects, 20% from developmental relationships, and 10% from coursework and training. This rule is beneficial because it allows individuals to take on new challenges and grow their skillsets while also receiving guidance and support from others.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Embrace our fast-paced culture, no matter the challenge
- Contribute to our teams in enabling us to continue to grow and broaden our category, leveraging insight, innovation and technology to stay ahead of the curve.
- Exhibit passion, curiosity, courage and resilience, ready to take on tough challenges and be determined to deliver results.
- Innovate with an Owner mindset, as owners – we each play an integral role in AB InBev’s success.
- Collaborate with a global mindset and connect with people at all levels.
- Legal work authorization (full citizenship) in the country
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- The minimum educational requirement for this position is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field such as Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics.
- By program start completed bachelors’ degree (from a recognized tertiary institution) achieved within requisite timeframe
- No more than 2 years TOTAL of full-time formal working experience by the program start date. (Internship, vacation work, short duration contracts and does not apply)
Geographical mobility within South Africa
|Cape Region x 4 Positions:|
|Central Region x 4 Positions|
|Inland Region x 9 Positions|
|KZN x 4 Positions|
SAB/ABInBev is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in line with our employment equity plan and talent requirements. We believe that diversity creates opportunities for all, and we’re dedicated to ensuring that our workforce is representative of the communities we serve.
The advert lists the minimum requirements. Management may use additional relevant information to shortlist candidates.
As a condition of employment at our company, all new appointments are required to be vaccinated in accordance with South African Breweries Pty (ltd)’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe for our employees, their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.