The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is looking for talented postgraduates to join its one-year Graduate Development Programme in January 2023.
DEADLINE: 30 October 2022
Brief Description (SARB)
Are you a talented postgraduate looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge? If so, the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) has the perfect programme for you!
The SARB Graduate Development Programme is a one-year programme that offers successful applicants the chance to learn about central banking, gain valuable work experience, and network with other like-minded individuals. The programme will start in January 2023, so if you’re interested, make sure to apply soon!
What the SARB does
The SARB strives to maintain economic stability in South Africa through price and financial regulation. It is responsible for the oversight of the South African financial sector, design and distribution of banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks and ensuring the stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
This programme is designed to help you develop deep capabilities in advanced analytics for use in central banking. Data science is an inter-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data. The programme will teach you how to use these tools to make better decisions in central banking.
The Business Solutions and Technology Department (BSTD) at the SARB will be offering a year-long graduate programme from January to December 2023. During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions, including technical training, at the SARB Academy. The programme offers opportunities for a Data Science track, and graduates will work in a Data Lab environment from time to time, on various use cases.
Candidates for the SARB Graduate Program must have or be completing a postgraduate degree in one of the following fields:
- Data Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Predictive Analytics Modelling
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Business Mathematics and Informatics
Prospective candidates must:
- be South African citizens;
- be curious, innovative and self-motivated individuals with strong analytical skills;
- have a proven track record of academic excellence, with an overall average mark of 70% and above;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Coding with R and Python (will be an added advantage).
Remuneration and benefits
Graduates of the programme will receive a salary that is relative to the market, as well as additional benefits, for the entirety of the programme.
How To Apply
- All interested parties are invited to apply online via www.resbank.co.za
- All the available vacancies will be visible.
- Please follow these links: WORK @ SARB > Latest vacancies (register and apply online).
- Login (right-hand side of the screen):
- is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process)
- Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
- Select ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu)
- Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Please include a CV, copy of your academic transcript and your identity document with your application.
Click here to visit official website of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Graduate Development Programme