DEADLINE: 31 October 2022
POST: DRIVERS REF NO: HO 2022/10/72 (X2 POSTS)
x2 Drivers posts at the Department of Correctional Services.
Grade 12. Three (3) years’ experience in driving. Completion of an advanced driver’s course will be an advantage. Valid driver’s license.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Plan and organize
- Understanding of Public Service policy and legislative framework
- Service delivery and client orientation
- Integrity and honesty
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal relations
- Good communication and listening skills
- Knowledge of government regulations relating to transport
Office of the National Commissioner:
CENTRE: National Head Office, Pretoria
SALARY: R124 434 per annum
Mr Mokotjo TN Tel No: 012 307 2039/ Mr Y Naidoo Tel No: 012 307 2079/ Ms TP Baloyi 012 305 8589 or Ms Khumalo NS 012 307 2174.
The National Commissioner’s office requires somebody to manage their documents and assets. This position entails collecting and distributing documents from the post office as well as within and outside of the department. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the vehicle allocated to the office as well as keeping an accurate record of all official trips. Finally, they will need to complete a log book.
HOW TO APPLY/APPLICATIONS:
All applications must be submitted to:
The National Head Office of the Department of Correctional Services, at the Post Advertisement Section.
You can either mail in your application to: Private Bag X136, Pretoria, 0001
Or hand-deliver it to: 124 WF Nkomo Street, Poyntons Building. The building is located on the corner of WF Nkomo and Sophie De Bruyn Street, Pretoria, 0001 (The office was previously located on the corner of Church and Schubart Street).
Please include the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form (Z83) and send your complete application to the address below. Please note that all applicants are responsible for any costs associated with their application. The Department of Correctional Services is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Section 195 of the Constitution, we give preference to candidates who will help us achieve diversity in our workplace.
- The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996) and the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) support our goals to promote representivity of race, gender, and disability through the filling of these positions. By indicating race, gender, and disability status on the application form/CV, applicants can help us move closer to these goals.
- Please note that we will only be contacting the shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within three months of the advertisement’s closing date, your application was unfortunately not successful. Please do not call the department to inquire about the status of your application as this will delay the process for other candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies not older than 6 months of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview. Please send a separate and complete application for each post you apply for, stating the correct reference for each position you are interested in. Faxed and e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Candidates must comply with the minimum appointment requirements. CV’s should be aligned to reflect one’s degree of compliance with the advert requirements and responsibilities.
#Department of Correctional Services